Pages

Monday, 17 August 2026

Zurich - and still tummy jet-lag

We had to get up at 5:30 am for our transfer to Bilbao Airport.  A flash-looking black Merc arrived, and as I got into the back seat, I recalled another instance where a lady done the same thing in Paris and it didn't end well.  All ok for us though.

Airport at Bilbao quite navigable.  We were in an Airbus 220 - I didn't know it was a thing!  But one side of the aisle had just two seats, which suited us well. Good flight.  Our flight was operated by Swissair, and guess what was served with the sandwich!

Found our hotel in Zurich and checked in.  I won't tell you the cost - more than we have spent ever, I think.  All because of the location - near the old town and the main train station, and very convenient.  Oh well, this is Zurich and for location, money well spent.  Hotel is 4 star - bright, clean and comfortable.

Explanation - you will have to use Google Translate.  But we knew that Glock was a bell, as well as the brand of a pistol, used by NSW Police.

It was lunch-time and I realised there was also jet-lag in Europe.  My tummy had settled into Spanish meal-times. Late and large lunch, and late  - like after 8:30pm - dinner.  Will be quite happy to get back to more normal times for me, but I can see the social benefits of the Spanish system.

Kin Mun happy to see pulpo(octopus) in his seafood spaghetti.

I discovered how much German I know - ZILCH.  I can find my way around a French, Spanish or Italian menu, but German leaves me dumbstruck.  And I won't be able to learn any, because so much English is available.  Our waiter was from Italy, but speaks Spanish, German and English.  He pointed out that German ain't German - there are several varieties in Switzerland.

Wandered around the old town, before coming back to the hotel for snooze etc. 

And a note on the German language - they seem to join words together quite freely!


 The last word means hosiery department.  Apparently it has been newly renovated.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.