Pages

Wednesday 27 September 2017

Pisa

Finally in Pisa and found my hotel.  It is old, but it is close to the famous sites.  This is the view in one direction...a bell-tower no less!
and looking the other direction.  It reminds me of what we saw in Spain


Flew over some snow covered mountains
and these hills nearer to Pisa.  There are little towns.villages tucked away in them.  I hope our walking is not only in these hills!


And aircraft:  Today was an Embraer 195.  No aerobridges, we were taken by bus to the plane.  Mind you, I like to board up the stairs - you get a real feel for the aircraft.  Bit fancy having a roof though - not in my day!
This is another plane, exactly the same as ours.
Pisa airport is small - no aerobridges anywhere.  We were transported by bus to the terminal.  And my luggage did arrive!

As for the rest of the day - 3pm here but more like 1am in Sydney.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had luggage this time. Have fun in Italy!
    -Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was even a bit surprised! Quite amazing really that a bag can be sent from Sydney to Pisa through two big airports and get there!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.