Pages

Thursday 18 August 2022

Queensland

Our plan was to go north for Stephen's 40th birthday party.  But en route, Kin Mun's cold didn't disappear.  This required decisions at every stop, but here we are at Mudgeeraba for 2 nights.  Next stop is a hotel in  Brisbane, but we have cancelled appointments etc for the next couple of days.  Plan C is for me to go to Stephen's party on my own if need be - so long as I remain well.

Life in a pandemic requires flexibility!

So today we unexpectedly saw the Hinze Dam, found myself with time to visit the biggest fabric shop I have seen (apart from New York) and came back to our accommodation to find a funeral in full swing.  Pat told me about Japanache in an email, so will see that tomorrow morning. 

We were so puzzled at the spelling and pronunciation of Mudgeeraba that I had to make a special effort to learn to spell it, and ask a local how to pronounce it.  Well, a local who had been here 3 years, presumably from the UK.  Her advice - Mudge-re-bar - all said really quickly!  In my youth, my parents said Mudge- er-ree-bar.  Spelling? Think Mudgee with raba on the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.