Pages

Sunday 16 June 2024

Big Breakfast

This hotel needs a map to find your way around - there are three towers, all with different entrances and receptions, but linked in mysterious ways!  This morning, I wandered over to the Main Tower's breakfast room, to see if their Western Buffet was more western than in the Annex Tower's dining room.

This was the queue!  It went around the corner.


Undaunted, and confident in Japanese systems management, I joined it.  It moved quite quickly and I was found a table in the middle.  You are given a table number and a card to show that it is yours.  Nothing is touched until you ask. So you can leave your half-eaten plate of food on the table while to go to look for something else. Usually I ask Kin Mun to not let the staff clear my plate!

This is the dining-room.  Massive, but as you expect in Japan, well organised.


The food was much the same, but this morning I began to understand it better.  The plain bread is in fact toasted on one side.  The fried eggs are served in an individual little bowl and the default is hard - I was overjoyed!  Normally I have to beg the egg-cook to cook the egg longer and they look at me puzzled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.