Pages

Friday 6 October 2017

Out and about in Lucca

Piazza San Michele.  Chiesa San Michele is on the right of the picture.
Look at those stairs!
Chiesa San Michele and campanile from the front.
Another case of "we can't decide which pillars we like".
Fancy running out of marble in Italy!  Chiesa Maria Bianca.
A saint of whom we have a photograph. Saint Gemma Galgani. You can kneel before her and put money in the tin at Chiesa San Pietro Somaldi.
Delis are always interesting.  Seen in one:

This is a close-up. I guess you can bake it or steam it.
Lunch.  Gee they do good pasta.  I will miss it. Succulent and meaty.  Have almost got used to olive oil on my tomatoes!
Well behaved dog.

Nonna! (grandmother).  As I was walking in the Piazza San Pietro Somaldi, I heard someone call out "nonna".  They meant me!!!  I thought it was someone asking directions, but it was a helpful local who wanted to make sure that I went into the church because it was "very good". Think I prefer Aunty - covers a wider range of ages!

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.