Pages

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Safe drama

After breakfast, the safe in my room would not open.  The "colleague" could not fix it, despite having a bunch of keys and the hotel codes.  After 45 minutes, it was time for the tour to depart and I had a choice of staying with my handbag, or letting the staff open the safe.  In any case, the tour bus would return to the hotel in 2 hours on the way to Lucca.  I opted to stay with my bag.

So the gentleman returned to the room with screwdrivers and proceeded to dismantle the safe! Results below.  Now I know the hotel's safe codes - and he knows mine!
Tonight I shall just use a locked suitcase!

2 comments:

  1. We always like to use the room safe but we have had at least 2 times with difficulties. So frustrating!
    -Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time we had troubles, it was my losing the key. But this one was a safe that was erratic from the beginning. I had put in one call to reception, but it worked when they came down. My lesson - avoid unsafe safes!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.