Pages

Monday 26 November 2018

12. No gap to mind - and food

Today we caught a train from Salzburg to Vienna.

NSW is not the only system with double-deckers.
But the internal steps are easier to negotiate. Wider and with a lower rise
Inside - comfortable.
And they have a little retractable thingo that eliminates any gaps!  Called gap-fillers, apparently.
And they take recycling seriously.
Dinner at a nearby pub.   Sausages and sauerkraut for KM, goulash for me. Water does not come automatically.

I have been rude about German/Bavarian cuisine.  Anything based on sausages and sauerkraut..... not that cabbage had a lot going for it anyway before they fermented it.    But there was one recipe that took my interest - Salzburg nockerl - and I think I will just look it up on the internet.  Didn't get a chance to try one - it is a kind of souffle.  Pic from Google.
Image result for nockerl salzburg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.