Pages

Saturday 1 April 2023

Day 1 - Sydney to Wagga Wagga.

We packed up and left Sydney and had lunch at a service stop just outside Goulburn.  It was the Coolibah Tree Cafe,  serving Aussie tucker but run by Indian folk.Image preview

I had time to chat to the young lady who made my coffee.  She was from the Punjab and had lived 25km from the GoldenTemple at Amritsar.  Kin Mun and I had been there in 2012.  Whenever I meet a worker from India, and there are many these days, I am able to relive my holidays!  Our motel is run by a man who told us he was born in Bombay but is now from Mumbai.  Mumbai, Goa and Ratnigiri were next on my list before the pandemic struck.  He told me Ratnigiri had the best mangoes in India.  Google confirms this so will file that snippet away in my brain until needed.

Windmills on the way to Yass.



 Wagga Wagga is not the only place with repeated names:


We went to look at St Johns, where we will be ringing tomorrow.



Image preview

We went for a walk along the Murrumbidgee.



And Ian, this one is for you.  There were bluebells growing next to the Murrumbidgee River and we picked one.  (Not sure how to fix the rotation)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.