Pages

Thursday 5 October 2023

Dijon

Tonight we are in Dijon, the capital of Burgundy, for the first of three nights.  We caught the train from Troyes, then went to our hotel, and wandered down the main street to have dinner.

The hotel staff greeted us in English, as did the waiter.  Oh dear - I feel I am in another country!

A young man  spoke to me so earnestly while I was waiting in the ticket office queue at the railway station.   I couldn't work out what he was saying - was he begging? -  so I had to say je ne sais pas and look sorry.  Then he told me in halting English that he wanted to go next because he was late.  No problem, but I figured that gave me the right to ask how to say that in French! Je suis presse he said.  He then said France was a good country to visit, but to live here - he wiped his forehead in a gesture of sorrow.  This began a conversation with the lady behind me who said that young people/French people   were always angry - but not her, she was retired.

The train - SNCF - not the very fast train.

Dijon street scene - Rue de la Liberte



Dinner - Beef Burgundy and Kin Mun's sausage hamburger.  .




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.