Pages

Tuesday 30 June 2015

KM Home

Flew back from Singapore last night on the midnight flight that was delayed about an hour, first by late incoming aircraft then because a couple of passengers decided not to show and their luggage had to be taken off the plane that would not leave without their owners. Kay is still in London.

 

The A380 was half full, and there were two empty seats between me on one aisle seat and a lady on the other. After takeoff she immediately lay down with her head on the empty seat. If I were to do the same our heads would be inches apart. If I lay the other way, my smelly socks would be next to her nose. So I did the gentlemanly way of sitting up and tried to sleep. Fly business class next time.

 

Technology is marvellous. I had a new passport while in Singapore that did not match my Aussie visa, so SIA had to ring Canberra and had it sorted out in about five minutes. On arrival the electronic immigration recognised me as an owner of a valid visa and let me through.  I hope it was not just the word of the SIA counter officer in Singapore they were trusting on.

 

Captain said weather in Sydney was going to be fine, it wasn't when we landed but it did fine up to a lovely 13 C.  Either this or 33 C in Singapore, a change is always good. Got home, indeed the inside of the house was 13 C so I quickly switched on the heating. Yesterday it was air-conditioning to cool.


Nothing changed in the house except a framed picture fell off the wall, dislodged the wifi extender below and even knocked the power point crooked. Nothing broken, they still work.

 

The Epping Third Track works had made some progress. The concrete beams for railway bridge over the M2 was in place, the strip next to the track tidied up. The Cheltenham station exit to The Crescent changed once more, now it logically runs straight into the pedestrian crossing.

 

The deck looked good; Glenn cleaned it up and re-oiled while we were away, and the magnolias are coming into bloom. 

 

Who says nothing ever happens in Cheltenham?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.