Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Singapore - Old Haunts


I was early for an appointment today, so I looked around my old haunts, like this that used to be my old school ground.  (Now Raffles City, building too tall for my phone camera to handle)



Diagonally across a road junction is the Capitol Theatre now newly restored. It used to have a large banner telling us the film that was showing (only one cinema theatre then, not a complex)


Another part of the new Capitol complex.


I tried to get permission to visit the bell tower at St Andrews Cathedral, using my credentials as a bell ringer. The manager said "Nope". No reason given. Maybe it was an OH&S issue, but he did not say. They did have an AED machine in the church.


So I wandered off to Raffles Place, and saw this new building. New to me anyway.